Derouin Concrete Ltd. is a small family-owned company established in 2010 that does medium size structural, architectural, and decorative concrete around the Puget Sound. We form, place, reinforce and finish all of our own concrete. We take pride in our work and maintain top priorities of quality, safety and efficiency. We have fun, and learn always — even from our mistakes.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS:
- LEAD FOREMAN
- FORM CARPENTER
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING COMPANY REQUIREMENTS
- Hardworking team player willing to have fun while you work.
- Self-motivated with dependable transportation to job sites.
- Skilled in problem solving with a commitment to quality and performing work correct the first time.
- Maintain good attendance and ability to consistently be on time as scheduled.
- Be in good physical shape and able to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Provide own boots, rain gear and appropriate tools for job description.
- Be respectful to equipment, other co-workers, tradesmen, homeowners, and property.
- Be able to work long hours when necessary, with up to 40 per week, and overtime on occasion.
- Be drug free.
- Enjoy what you do, and don’t be afraid to teach, or learn.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR EACH POSITION
1) LEAD FOREMAN
- Experience and ability to read and build off of plans.
- Capable of setting up deliveries, to include concrete, pump trucks, re-bar, materials, etc.
- Proficient in communicating at high level with other architects, contractors, the city, customers, etc.
- Qualified to oversee a 2-10 man crew efficiently (skilled and unskilled workers).
- Comfortable working ‘hands on’ while still maintaining quality of crew (not a ‘sit-in-truck’ super).
- Experience with 3/4 and 1 1/8 forming systems.
- Competent in safe operation of¬ all necessary power and air tools (e,g. roto hammer, jack hammer, circular saw) and have own bags and hand tools.
- Able to collaborate with office personnel regarding purchase orders, job phases, requirements and hours.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License.
- *Wages range from $25-$45 per hour depending on experience and skill level.
2) CONCRETE FORM CARPENTER
- Able to read plans.
- Experienced with 3/4 and 1 1/8 forming systems.
- Capable of building forms and performing layout for pouring concrete ftg’s, slabs, stairs and walls according to plan.
- Competent in safe operation of all necessary power and air tools (e,g. roto hammer, jack hammer, circular saw), and have own bags and hand tools.
- *Wages range from $20-$30 per hour depending on experience and skill level.
3) CONCRETE LABORER
- Able to work hard and fast when needed, especially during concrete pours.
- Capable of running wheelbarrows, carrying pump hoses, form panels, 2×4 material, etc.
- Able to shovel cement and mix, pour, and spread concrete, bend, form and tie rebar as directed by supervisor.
- Experienced with 3/4 and 1 1/8 forming systems and able to assist with building forms and performing layout for pouring concrete footings, slabs, stairs and walls (a plus if able to execute according to plans).
- Competent in safe operation of some power and air tools (e,g. roto hammer, jack hammer, circular saw) and have own bags and hand tools.
- Have “Johnny on the spot” attitude — if you can keep others busy, you’ll stay busy.
- Be willing to learn; the more you know, the more you make.
- *Wages range from $15-$20 per hour depending on experience and skill level.